cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when generating Buildroot RFS & image

adharankar
Contributor II

Hello.

When I execute 'flex-builder -m ls1046ardb -a arm64 -r buildroot:tiny' it goes through for some time before bailing out with following error (last few lines of output). Am I doing something wrong? If not anyone else encountered this and resolved this; how? I am doing this after I have successfully executed 'flex-builder -m ls1046ardb -a arm64'.

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/apps/restool'
 Build restool  [Done]
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/apps'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812'
cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/restool': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/ls-*': No such file or directory
Makefile:692: recipe for target 'target-finalize' failed
make: *** [target-finalize] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/rfs/buildroot

Only to check how fart the build goes, I symbolic linked build/apps/components_LS_arm64 to build/apps/components_arm64, the build proceeds further but bails out as follows:

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/apps'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812'
cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/qbman_test': No such file or directory
make: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/rfs/buildroot'

If I build without the 'tiny' distro-scale, it still bails out as above.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Filippo
Contributor III

Hello Arun,
I've found exactly the same issues as per my post https://community.nxp.com/thread/495026 
I've not yet tried ubuntu, I hope to have buildroot instead.
I think replies like the one above from Yiping are of no help, it seems to me the support on the LS family still has something to be improved.
And it seems to me there are still some issues in a good tool like flex-builder and I hope they will be solved soon.

In the mean time I will give a try to ubuntu just to understand, thank you for your observations.

Regards

0 Kudos

adharankar
Contributor II

Finally I have a 'buildroot:tiny' working, but only after doing the following. I am unsure if it matter, but I did a full build starting from taking the flexbuild tar file.

1. After the uboot/kernel/apps builds are done, create a link 'components_arm64' to 'components_LS_arm64' under 'build/apps' directory.
  2. Update 'configs/buildroot/post-build.sh' so that 'qbman_test' is not copied - apparently this binary is not generated.

Assuming this part of the Flexbuild was qualified, I should not have had to do this. Or since it's not part of the default build, should I at all assume it is qualified and that the root FS generated is tested?

0 Kudos

adharankar
Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I had sourced the 'setup.env' but still seem to require creating the symlink as I mentioned in my previous post, else I see the following error. Also qbman_test does not seem to be built, so next in the following error is seen:

• cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/restool': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/ls-*': No such file or directory
  • cp: cannot stat '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/build/apps/components_arm64/usr/local/bin/qbman_test': No such file or directory
    make: Leaving directory '/home/ad/dev/flexbuild_lsdk1812/packages/rfs/buildroot'
0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arun Dharankar,

Please use the command as the following.

$ source ./setup.env

$ flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64 -r buildroot:tiny

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adharankar
Contributor II

More observations: I attempted to build 'ubuntu:tiny' using 'flex-builder -m ls1046ardb -a arm64 -r ubuntu:tiny'. It bailed out with missing libxml/parser.h. I installed libxml2-dev, and linked /usr/include/libxml2/libxml to /usr/include/libxml, and the build proceeds until at linking stage I see the following error.

/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libxml2.so when searching for -lxml2
/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libxml2.so when searching for -lxml2
/usr/lib/gcc-cross/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/../../../../aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml2
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'fmc' failed

Am I missing something basic here?

0 Kudos