Does SDHC_VS have to be enabled in LS1043A to use UHS-I

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SDHC_VS have to be enabled in LS1043A to use UHS-I

brianpaiva
Contributor III

I'm struggling to support UHS-I on my LS1043ARDB board and I noticed that by default the SDHC_VS signal isn't enabled in RCW[SPI_EXT].  Does this mean that writing 1 to PROCTL[VOLT_SEL] does nothing if RCW[SPI_EXT] isn't set to 001?  And if I understand this correctly you can't support both UHS-I mode on an SD Card and SPI at the same time?  Setting RCW[SPI_EXT] to 001 didn't solve my problem so there must be more to it.  Do I also need to enable SDHC_CMD_DIR by setting RCW[SPI_BASE] to 11b?  I attempted this, but in Code Warrior it does not give me an option to set RCW[SPI_BASE] to 11b.  I can only set it to 0b00, 0b01 or 0b10.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check your configuration using the Table 3-8 of the LS1043a Reference Manual Rev 3:https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=LS1043ARM&Parent_nodeId=1412692250778715498030&Parent_pa... If the SDHC_VS is not enabled, the SPI_CS_B[0] pin is not connected to the eSDHC controller.Writing to the PROCTL[VOLT_SEL] does not change state of the SPI_CS_B[0] pin.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

brianpaiva
Contributor III

So I haven't got past this.  Is there anyone who has tried this configuration?

0 Kudos