cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker for Windows: Issues making rootfs

todd_schavey
Contributor I

Context:

I am following the user manual for the Layerscape LS1028 BSP. I am on a Windows 10 PC running with Docker using the image ubuntu:18.04.

Issue:

I am able to successfully execute the various commands leading up the the `flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64`. When I run the mkrfs command...it installs a ton of software and finally fails at the end as documented below:

root@some-docker-container:/usr/project/build/flexbuild# flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64
INSTRUCTION: mkrfs
DESTARCH: arm64
building /usr/project/build/flexbuild/build/rfs/rootfs_ubuntu_bionic_LS_arm64 ...
Building ubuntu bionic for arm64
flex-mkdistrorfs arm64 bionic additional_packages_list_moderate
mount: /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc: permission denied.
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't mount the binfmt_misc filesystem on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc.
qemu-aarch64 (disabled):
enable qemu-aarch64 failed

I have also run `flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64 -i clean-rfs` then `flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64 -i clean-rfs` but the same result :smileysad:

This seems to prevent be from continuing to perform the remaining flexbuild commands.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Todd Schavey,

LS1028 BSP 0.3 is based on LSDK 1812, it would not work under win10 to generate ubuntu rootfs because WSL doesn't support real linux kernel and qemu.

Users can use LSDK1909 under win10 WSL, LSDK1909 uses prebuilt rootfs, no need to generate it from source.

LSDK 1909 will be released this week.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos