Creating a new custom LS1046a machine, do I create a new fsl-xx-sdk.dts or fsl-xx.dts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new custom LS1046a machine, do I create a new fsl-xx-sdk.dts or fsl-xx.dts?

devnull0
Contributor II

I would like to create a new custom machine (based on a LS1046A) and in doing so means I need a device tree file (dts). I was hoping there was a baseline dts I could base my new dts file off of. I was hoping I could use the "fsl-ls1046a-rdb.dts" but I'm really confused on what the "fsl-ls1046a-rdb-sdk.dts" is. If I create a new dts file do I need an accompanied sdk.dts? Can you provide some direction/guidance here? I don't understand why NXP has defined two dts files and which one I should be basing a new dts file off of. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

in order to get an idea how to add custom layer to your image, please read the next pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/LSDKYOCTOUG.pdf

0 Kudos

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, you can use the fsl-ls1046a-rdb.dts as a baseline for your own device tree, you don't need an accompanied sdk.dts

I suggest to read the book "Mastering Embedded Linux Programing" in order to get the "What and HOW"  

0 Kudos