Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct way to install QoriQ SDK2.0-1703

Jump to solution
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

I used to use the SDK1.9 (LS1021a-twr)  without any big issue, and now I'm trying to install the SDK2.0-1703 to update linux kernel, and I have some issues making it work, so I'd like to check if I'm doing things correctly. At the moment:

- I installed the SDK2.0 Source iso

- I installed the SDK2.0 Cache iso

- I installed the SDK2.0-1703 tgz file

- I triggered a fsl-image-full build

And I have quite a lot of errors. As a comparison, I just performed again a full build of the SDK1.9 without any issue.

So to be able to give more meaningful feedback, I'm starting a SDK2.0 SOURCE install, without cache or 1703. I'll update the thread when the installation is done.

So I'd like to know:

- is this way of doing things ok ?

- if I install and build only the SDK2.0 part, can I perform the SDK2.0-1703 update on an existing installation or should I clean it first ?

Best,

V.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SDK documentation recommends install CACHE iso before SOURCE iso.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SDK documentation recommends install CACHE iso before SOURCE iso.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use Ubuntu 14.04 for SDK 2.0-1703. Do not use Ubuntu 16.

Usually use the following command sequence for SDK installing under Ubuntu 14.04:

1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

1. a) command: ls -l /bin/sh

1. b) command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Answer after password – No

Removing 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by bash'

1. c) command for checking: ls -l /bin/sh

1. mount SDK 2.0 .iso file
  2. cd <sdk-install-dir>.
  3. ./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh

Usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. install SDK 2.0-1703
  2. bitbake fsl-image-minimal

See also the following page in NXP community abut EULA:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/445051

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Ok, I'll check if I can get another desktop with an older ubuntu.

What about the CACHE iso ? Is it known to have issues with SDK-2.0 1703 ?

0 Kudos