Connecting to LS1021A via JTAG shows "LS1020A: Core not responding"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to LS1021A via JTAG shows "LS1020A: Core not responding"

rahulr
Contributor II

I am trying to program the eMMC flash on our custom board (with LS1021A pkrocessor) using CodeWarrior TAP. Since this is a new board (with no RCW), I used the JTAG override feature of the CodeWarrior TAP device. When I try to connect to the board, I get the error message Error message: LS1020A: Core not responding and the log file contains Error message: LS1020A: Core not responding.

RCW source configuration:

cfg_rcw_src0[8:0] = 0b000000100 (RCW source is eMMC/SD)

CodeWarrior project configuration:

custom target -> /opt/Freescale/CW4NET_v2016.01/CW_ARMv7/ARMv7/ARM_Support/Configuration_Files/jtag_chains/LS102xATWR_RCW_1000-300-1600.txt

Initialization script -> /opt/Freescale/CW4NET_v2016.01/CW_ARMv7/ARMv7/ARM_Support/Configuration_Files/LS1021A/LS1021A_TWR_OCRAM_Init.tcl

Memory configuration file -> /opt/Freescale/CW4NET_v2016.01/CW_ARMv7/ARMv7/ARM_Support/Configuration_Files/LS1021A/LS1021A_TWR.mem

I can program the SD card on the LS1021A-TWR development board using the exact same project. Why am I getting the  LS1020A: Core not responding error on my custom board?

CodeWarrior connection log is attached.

Original Attachment has been moved to: CodeWarrior-TAP-log.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that you use RCW or DDR initialization for your board is incorrect.

Can you load and start test software to the SDRAM and run it using your RCW and DDR initialization.

For example test your board using simple "Hello World" program.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rahulr
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

CodeWarrier TAP fails to connect to my board. Is there any way to load the software to SDRAM without using JTAG?

My main issue is that I can't connect my board to CodeWarrior but the LS1021A-TWR eval board works fine with the exact same RCW and project configurations.

0 Kudos