cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Armv7 ls1021a flash error

jiye
Contributor V

Hi,

So my standalone board of ls1021a which has an external eMMC, DDR no SD card slot option. I want to test the uboot binary on the LS1021A-TWR eva board via JTAG interface first then flash to my stand alone board. I want to make sure

(1) if SD card on my eva board and eMMC on my standalone board are the same thing in terms of RCW boot source.

(2) I had encountered this error when I tried to flash into SD card on the eva board

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CodeWarrior Flash Programmer is trying to load driver to the target's SDRAM and it appears that the SDRAM is not initialized or not operational.

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

the boot source is SD card, the EVA board has 1GB DDR3L I do not understand why it cannot detected also the SDRAM should be DDR4?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please understand that CodeWarrior does not detect SDRAM configuration  - it uses initialization script containg settings for the DDR controller. Please refer for example to the sample script at:

\CW_ARMv7_v2019.01\CW_ARMv7\ARMv7\ARM_Support\Configuration_Files\LS1021A\LS1021A_TWR_Init.tcl 

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

how to use this script and what is the difference compares to LS1021A_TWR_OCRAM_Init.tcl

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The script is used by CodeWarrior as described in the CodeWarrior for ARMv7 Targeting Manual (CW_ARMv7_Targeting_Manual.pdf), 9.1 Using target initialization files.

OCRAM - refer to the QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual, 7.2 On-Chip RAM memory controller (OCRAM)

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

I was trying to use the method described in AN12270, Section 2 using lsbp.tcl because seems like you guys have so many different kinds of method.

I failed to use AN12270 because i do not know what is the u-boot.bin they are talking about

pastedImage_1.png

The one I have is called

uboot_ls1021atwr_sdcard_qspi.bin

which I generated from LSDK

I am going to switch to the method you recommend now

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

be noticed that since I need do some PCB modifications that is why right now I am testing on my eva board with boot source SD card then once I execute the task it keeps doing blank checking is this normal ? It's been doing for half an hour now

pastedImage_1.png

then says

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos