Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on instructions how to programm u-boot into NOR flash

Jump to solution
reinhardtartler
Contributor I

Board: LS1021A-TWR

We are experiencing trouble with following the instructions from the SDK Documentation at Freescale Technical Information Center

The instructions in "Programming a new New U-Boot" do not result in a working u-boot in Bank 1.

However, posts in this forum indicate that the correct address to program is 0x63f80000 instead:

TWR-LS1021A : U-boot console prompt not shown in LPUART mode

How do I recover from a failed u-boot flash on the LS1021A?

We could confirm that flashing u-boot to that address does result in a working u-boot in Bank 1. Curiously, there is no disagreement on the location of the RCW (0x64000000), but only u-boot: 0x64100000 (wrong) vs 0x63f80000. Also, the 2nd discussion forum claims that the correct location for u-boot in bank 0 was 0x67f80000. This is also inconsistent to the memory map given for the Flash Bank Usage: Flash Bank Usage.

Please clarify the instructions in the SDK documentation, in particular the Flash Bank memory map.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct information about addresses for the NOR Flash using on the LS1021a board is available in documentation in SDK iso file.

Attached file contains pages from this documentation.

0x63f80000 0x63ffffff bank4 u-boot image 512 K

0x67f80000 0x67ffffff bank0 u-boot image 512 K

Freescale Technical Information Center will be corrected.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct information about addresses for the NOR Flash using on the LS1021a board is available in documentation in SDK iso file.

Attached file contains pages from this documentation.

0x63f80000 0x63ffffff bank4 u-boot image 512 K

0x67f80000 0x67ffffff bank0 u-boot image 512 K

Freescale Technical Information Center will be corrected.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have tried on my board with "63f80000" for bank 1 u-boot on my board, and it works fine.

Regards

0 Kudos