cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gdb issue when debug a freeRTOS & C++ project

gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm working with LPCxpresso IDE 8.2.2 and JLink debugger with no problem on a LPC1788. I can compile & debug the LPCOpen projects as expected and also migrate C applications to C++. The problem is when I try to debug a basic (1 task) freeRTOS in C++. The compilation ends successfully but here's the error dialog when gdb starts

Untitled.9.png

then, when I press the Debug button...

Untitled2.4.png

and finally... no debug sesion is started

Untitled3.2.png

Any hints? How can avoid this issue?

regards,

gaston

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sounds like an issue between GDB and the J-Link server, or maybe in the GNU ARM Eclipse plugin for J-Link - if that is what you are using. I'm afraid that there isn't much advice we can provide on these. Good starting point might be The J-Link debugging Eclipse plug-in 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

gschelotto
Contributor V

It seems that no matter if the code is written in C or C++. I'm working with last link plugin (4.1.2.201701141320) and jlink driver (v6.14). The issue seems to be related to the number of opened projects. If I just imported the PSU (lpc_xxx projects are necessary to build) everything goes well.

Untitled.png

However in the next scenario I'm not able to debug the PSU project, as shown in the previous post.

Untitled2.png

I've also used another debug probe (P&E Multilink Universal with its latest eclipse plugin & driver) with the same (bad) results. So It seems the issue does not related to the jlink tool

Lack of memory problem maybe? (I'm running on W7 Professional 32-bit and 3GB RAM)

I will continue investigating anyway...

regards,
gaston

0 Kudos