Xpresso v8.0.0_526 IDE compatibility with JTAG uLINK2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xpresso v8.0.0_526 IDE compatibility with JTAG uLINK2

vaibhavpawar
Contributor I

We are using LPC1769 board for our Smart Card Reader IC (IC CLRC663 and Mifare Classic 1K card).

Attached link for Xpresso Board:

https://www.embeddedartists.com/sites/default/files/docs/schematics/LPCXpresso1769_CD_revD.pdf 

We want to connect JTAG debugger Keil uLink2 or uLink Pro D to LPCXpresso1769 CMSIS-DAP rev-D board. (since both debugger are available with us). I have 3 queries regarding JTAG interface.

1) Can we use above debuggers (Keil uLink2 or uLink Pro D) with Xpresso dev board (LPCXpresso1769 CMSIS-DAP)

2) It is mentioned in schematics that by providing shortlink to JP3, CMSIS-DAP is disabled and external debugger can be connected. Is it correct or any other hardware setting needs to be done to connect JTAG Debugger?

Query.png

3) If no, which JTAG debugger can be used for Xpresso IDE ?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Details of LPCXpresso IDE support for CMSIS-DAP based debug probes can be found at:

CMSIS-DAP support in LPCXpresso 

More general information on debug probe support with LPCXpresso IDE can be found at:

https://community.nxp.com/message/630901 

If you want to use an external probe with your LPCXpresso1769-CD board, then I would suggest looking at the LPC-Link2 probe, which was designed explicitly for LPCXpresso IDE use, and which provides additional functionality when used with LPCXpresso IDE - in particular SWO Trace capabilities.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

As far as I know, if the probe is running CMSIS-DAP, it will work with LPCXpresso.

As for the # 2 is concerned, if that's what it says in manula then it should be correct. Why not try?

0 Kudos

vaibhavpawar
Contributor I

Thanks Con Verse for reply, which probe you are talking about? Do you mean uLink 2 or Ulink Pro D?

0 Kudos