cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to core

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using LPC-Link2 debugger with LPCXpresso v8.2.2 and have started seeing the following error while debugging:

Nc: connecting to core 0 with handle 0x1 (using server PID -1) gave rc 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Nc: connecting to core 0 with handle 0x1 (using server PID -1) gave rc 'Ee(36). Could not connect to core.'
Nc: probe unbooted? no core 0?

Please let me know what could be the problem.

Regards,

Prachi

0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is your application actually doing anything in your system setup that could be putting your MCU into a "strange state" - as described at the top of the https://community.nxp.com/thread/389112 FAQ ?

What MCU and board are you using? I would certain suggest checking your debug and reset connections :

Design Considerations for Debug 

Can you post debug logs for both working and non-working connections?

The Debug Log 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The issue doesn't seem to occur much when the Enable Code Read Protection and the Link Application to RAM options are disabled.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition to the FAQ recommended by the Fall Guy, check to see if a rogue redlinkserv process exists. It can prevent access to the target. Once you see the reported error, check the process list. If you see a redlinkserv process but have no other debug connections active, kill the process and retry.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks. Using the Vector catch and the Reset handling options and by killling the redlinkserv process, I am able to connect back to the target sometimes. However, it is inconsistent and sometimes does not recover when these options are tried.

What can be tried further?

Regards,

Prachi

0 Kudos

thefallguy
Contributor IV

You have probably got your chip into a strange state. This FAQ describes how to regain access:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/389112 

0 Kudos