cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone MCU

sabahnayyef
Contributor I

Hi;

I am new to LPCXpresso and I am facing a problem. I programmed (simple blinky LED) my LPC4330 using LPC-Link2 debuger and it works fine. However, when I disconnect the JTAC ribbon cable the LPC4330 stop working. I am using external power supply to feed the LPC4330. So, my problem is I need to install my program code permanently in the microcontroller so that the microcontroller works as a standalone every time powered on. Can anyone please help me how to do that.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

sabahnayyef
Contributor I

Thank you Cone Verse. However, as a fundamental concept of embedded system I believe Micro-controllers  should have some internal flash to store program code  and data. In case the internal memory not enough to hold the code and data, an external flashes can be used as an extension. 

Regards

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

The lpc4330 does not have internal flash. The lpc4337, for example, does have internal flash. It is not a 'fundamental concept'...

dont blame me me for NXP product decisions.

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Lpc4330 is a ram onlyt device - it has no flash for storing your program. You need to use a device with flash, or use an external flash.

0 Kudos