cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Project Properties - The "B" Word Applies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Tue Apr 17 21:02:25 MST 2012
LPCXpresso Windows 4.2.2 Build 275 The latest at time of writing.

Unwanted defines and command line arguments keep comming back despite removing them on the C and assembler settings pages.

I set the assembler to invoke "as" directly (I have my reasons) but because the switch "-D __NEWLIB__" keeps being applied (without asking!) the build fails. (Or __REDLIB__)

I can remove it manually (just before a build) but, as mentioned, making subsequent changes to (or maybe even just looking at?) project properties will (silently) reset this. Also defines for NEWLIB are added to C settings.

I suspect this is because it is not possible to select no libraries (I don't want any library in my bare-metal projects; I also supply my own startup/vectors etc.) on the "Target" pages.

As this is a show stopper -- builds fail, I categorise this as a bug rather than a problem.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Apr 18 01:56:22 MST 2012
In the next release, we will add an option to select No headers.

Of course, if you don't like the way that makefiles are generated, supply your own.
0 Kudos