cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13087 Getting Started With LPCXpresso

al2
Contributor I

Hello,

I just purchased an OM13087 board and am new to the LPCXpresso environment, I am not clear about the initialisation process for setting up a project as I can't find any explicit examples of what files to select for this board.

I've attached a screen capture for where I've got to, it's saying that it cannot find "board.h".

Any help appreciated!

Kind regards,

Al

0 Kudos
7 Replies

al2
Contributor I

Thanks, I am now running the MCUXpresso IDE. Whilst there are example files available for the OM13085 board for LPC1769 which I am able to build ok, the corresponding file download is not available for the OM13087 board for LPC1115.  I have tried with the 11C24 examples but there are build issues with the supplied code for Periph_blinky as board.h is not provided.

I am able to create a C Project for OM13087 and build and debug with CMSIS-DAP probe ok, so the issue is the absence of support for the OM13087 in LPCopen.

Can you provide the example files for OM13087 please?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no specific lpcopen package for OM13087.  LPCOpen for LPCXpresso LPC11C24 can also for this board.

If you have problem with it, please specify your problem with screenshot.

0 Kudos

al2
Contributor I

I selected the LPC11C24 board and downloaded the LPCOpen package for it. It builds ok but I am getting a problem when I download to the OM13087 board using Debug, as shown in the attached screenshot.

The green LED on the CMSIS-DAP interface flashes to indicate data activity, but stops when the error message appears.

I think there may be an issue with the OM13087 board now as when I connect to a USB port on my computer, I do not get the blue/red/green LED cycling and instead just a single green LED illuminates as shown in the photo. How can I restore it to normal operation please?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Per testing, no problem to use lpcopen_v2_00a_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24  with LPCXpresso1115 demo board.

I wonder the problem is on board side. To identify this, please create a new LPC1115 project with MCUXpresso IDE wizard ( not lpcopen demo code), see if this project can be downloaded.

If you have an external debug probe( eg LPC-Link2), test if you can download project with it?

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

al2
Contributor I

Thank you, I downloaded the following as it identifies LPC1115, as there is nothing specific for OM13087UL

LPCXpresso LPC11C24 board
Supports LPC1111/12/13/14/15/00XL
C00/C12/C14/C22/C24/D24
(Does not support'LPC11xxLV')

I can build the periph_blinky project, but when when I try to Debug, I get the following error:

15: Target error from Commit Flash write

I am using a MacBook Pro which should be able to supply sufficient current, and I have also tried with a powered USB hub. I have also tried several Micro-USB cables. None of these solves the problem.

I have attached the project archive for reference.

I will migrate to MCUXpresso, but I want to get the board working with LPCXPresso first because I am working on a legacy project.
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

LPCXpresso LPC11C24 board Supports 

LPC1111/12/13/14/15/00XL
C00/C12/C14/C22/C24/D24

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

So you need use LPCOpen for LPCXpresso LPC11C24

To run demo, we need import both chip lib and board lib and build them.

lpc_chip_11cxx_lib

nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_board

thus you should be able to remove build error.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi

This board integrates LPC1115 part

If you start a new project, we don't recommend you use LPCXpresso IDE because it's too old. We suggest you use MCUXpresso IDE instead.

LPCOpen is our recommend demo code, you can download it here:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

Hope this helps,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos