cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migraton from IAR project to LPCXpresso IDE

zigamahne
Contributor I

Hello,

I have problem to migrate IAR IDE project to LPCxpresso IDE. uC is lpc1313.

I have project in IAR ide(iar compailer) with iar's bit fields register description. Because of certain reasons I need to use GCC compailer, so  I have decided to use LPXxpresso ide. I downloaded plugin IAR Embedded Workbench for Eclipse, and successfuly import IAR project into LPXxpresso(link), and also compailed without errors( using IAR compailer).

But now a have a problem when I change toolchain (properties->c/c++ build->tool chain editor). I get a lot of diferent errors:

..(just of few)

-'__iar_Dtest' undeclared (first use in this function)   

- #error "<yvals.h>  compiled with wrong (version of IAR) compiler"  

- #error "File intrinsics.h can only be used together with iccarm."  

So my guestion is: it is possible to migrate with this way, or is maybe some better way to do it? (but I need iar's bit fields register description, because a lot of peripheral librarys is writen in this way).

Please, if someone knows where is the problem and can help me, I thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mingyang
Contributor I

Hi, what about from IAR to mcuxpresso ide?

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The same applies. If you have specific questions, I suggest that you post them in the MCUXpresso IDE forum.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like what you have actually done is install a plugin that allows you to build an IAR project within the Eclipse framework, rather than actually do any real import into LPCXpresso IDE. But that aside, if you are using compiler specific functionality - which it sounds like you are - then you are always going to have issues if you then try to build that code with another compiler.

Anyway, that aside, there is no automated way to convert an IAR project into an LPCXpresso IDE one. And as far as I know there is no way to convert code which used IAR specific features to compile under GCC either.

In some cases, it is possible to link library code / object files built with one toolchain with another toolchain.  This might be an approach you could investigate. However there are quite a few restrictions on the practicalities of this - and in particular I have a feeling that IAR may not be particularly AEABI compliant out-of-the-box. For more background on this see: https://community.nxp.com/message/630664 

Anyway, I'm afraid there isn't really much more we can do to help here. The only other thing we can really do here is point you are the fairly generic FAQ : Porting Code from other toolchains 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos