キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

LPCXpresso 8.2.2 seems to be completely broken on Win10/64bit

3,732件の閲覧回数
volkeroth
Contributor II

After installing it, I can't compile or link any of my existing projects and several Eclipse  components throw exceptions.

Actually it didn't even find the make tool or the compiler without manually editing the PATH environment variable.

Even after I did that, I got linker errors complaining about command line options like "-manage" and "-norcp" that I don't even seem to have control over. Finally, several components like the MCU built settings throw exceptions (specifially: com.crt.quickstart.views.QuickstartView and com.crt.advproject) which contributes to the impression that this is a rushed release without even basic regression testing.

-> At least for me, this release is completely dysfunctional and I needed to go back to v8.2.0_647 which works like a charm in comparison.

BTW: in case someone at NXP listens: the whole registration thing is already quite a pain but lately this became even more annoying as I have to fill out details about my company etc. about every time I want to download a new version. What are students supposed to fill out there or people who work as landscape gardener? Who says you need a fancy position in an important company to be interested in LPC controllers?

Plus there's this new crappy download manager now. Please, could you guys stop this? I hope you are aware that this scares people away from using LPC processors. I kinda begin to regret to have ported my projects from Coocox to LPCXpresso.

0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)

3,120件の閲覧回数
volkeroth
Contributor II

OK, it obviously was some weird Windows user rights issue. For some reason I lost access rights for some (?) files/folders in my user profile folder. After restoring full access rights for my user profile, LPCXpresso also runs from C again. A bit mysterious though how this happened, but OK it was obviously my machine causing the trouble and not version 8.2.2. My bad.

0 件の賞賛

3,120件の閲覧回数
volkeroth
Contributor II

I reinstalled about ten times in the last days. The weird thing is that when I said that v8.2.0_647 works OK, I didn't notice that I installed it on drive E: for some reasons. When I uninstall it and install on c:, it also doesn't work.

However 8.2.0 worked for quite a while on C: before I installed 8.2.2 and I currently fail to see how the installation partition can influence the application not to work. Anyway, I kinda have given up on this for the moment and use 8.2.0 on partition E: which is crazy but, well, at least it works.

0 件の賞賛

3,120件の閲覧回数
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

How much space is left on your C: drive?  I can say I almost never install on any drive which isn't the C: drive.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 件の賞賛

3,120件の閲覧回数
volkeroth
Contributor II

There are about 116GB left on C. AS I said, I had LPCXpresso installed on C: for two years or so. So version 8.2.0 was installed and working on C: when I tried to upgrade to 8.2.2. It's just that since I installed 8.2.2 I can't even use 8.2.0 on C any more.

Besides the installation itself finished successfully on C:, however I can't compile and link due to the named issues (com.crt.advproject crashing, Make not found, Link complains about unknown options). In the meantime, I installed 8.2.2. on D: and this also works. So it's not 8.2.2 that doesn't run, it's just that it doesn't run on C:.

I begin to wonder if this is some weird user rights thing. Is there any way to get more detailed crash info for "com.crt.advproject"?

0 件の賞賛

3,120件の閲覧回数
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This sounds like an installation problem. Have you tried to reinstall? I personally use Windows 10 on a development machine. Everything works normally, but I did run into one problem after a Windows 10 update. And that is, some utility programs (make.exe, etc.) failed with the following message:

'Virtual Alloc pointer is null'

This can be fixed by replacing the msys-1.0.dll file with the one found here:

https://community.nxp.com/message/630728

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

EDIT: msys-1.0 dll is found in the "\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\lpcxpresso\msys\bin" folder.

0 件の賞賛

3,110件の閲覧回数
electronplay
Contributor I

hello

The link to download : msys-1.0 dll is broken
Could you ractivate this link please, because i have the same problem.

LPCXpresso works welle, but i would like to install LPCScrypt_installer_2.0.0_831, and after i have this error ...

C:\uproc\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\lpcxpresso\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

thanks

0 件の賞賛

3,120件の閲覧回数
volkeroth
Contributor II

Another try: after failing again to install 8.2.2 on C:, I tried on D: and there it works. But how is this possible after I ran it since two years on C:???

I think the core problem is com.crt.advproject crashing when it runs on C:, but I have no idea why.

0 件の賞賛