cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 8.2.0 debugging sample code fails, 7.5.0 works

Jump to solution
georgemitsuoka
Contributor II

I just installed LPCXpresso 8.2.0 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 and tried to debug the stock nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_freertos_blinky code on an unmodified LPCXpresso LPC11C24 REV B card. It downloads and runs, but if I pause and then try to resume execution, it stops and will not resume, nor can I restart the code without stopping the debugger.

. Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.00.25 PM.png

Performing the exact same test using LPCXpresso 7.5.0 works with no problems.

I've tried patching gdb with the latest version, but the behavior is the same.

1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI - LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2 has just been released and should resolve this issue.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI - LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2 has just been released and should resolve this issue.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

georgemitsuoka
Contributor II

8.2.2 appears to have resolved the issue.

Thank you,

--George

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've replicated the behaviour you report on LPC11, but it seems to work fine on LPC43xx. So this may well be Cortex-M0 specific.  We'll now investigate further.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One problem is the LinkServer connection to your LPC11C24 board does not consistently report an ACK error when GDB requests a read at a non-existent address.  In this case, GDB is requesting a read at address 0xA5A5A5A5 (the FreeRTOS stack fill pattern). This did not produce an error, and the contents of the read buffer were used for a subsequent read. The read at address 0xFFFFFFFF did produce a error, which is fatal in this circumstance. We'll investigate this further.

In the meantime, you can work around this problem if you bypass the LinkServer connection. Unfortunately, the bypass option is not available in the latest LPCXpresso_8.2.0_647 release. You can, however, bypass the LinkServer in the LPCXpresso_8.0.0_526 release available on the http://www.nxp.com LPCXpresso download page. You need a login to download.

To disable use of the LinkServer, use the LPCXpresso_8.0.0_526 menu:

1. Navigate to Windows -> Preferences- > LPCXpresso -> Debug Emulator Selection <tab>.
  2. Uncheck the LinkServer tab.
  3. Apply your changes.
  4. Delete, then recreate your project launch configurations.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
georgemitsuoka
Contributor II

Can you provide a link to the LPCXpresso_8.0.0_526 download? I only see an option to download 8.2.0 when I login to nxp.com.

Thanks,

--George

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is as close as I can get you without you logging in:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/software-tools/lpc-microco...

From here, press the Download button on the right. You'll see a menu like the following. Select the Current tab since you want an earlier 8.0 release. It will ask you to agree to Terms and Conditions, and once you do you'll get a list of the 8.0 installations.

Product Information

LPCXpresso IDE

Select a version. To access older versions, click on the " Previous " tab

VersionDescription 
8.X.X   LPCXpresso IDE for Linux v8.x.x     Download Log 
8.X.X   LPCXpresso IDE for MAC v8.x.x     Download Log 
8.X.X   LPCXpresso IDE for Windows v8.x.x     Download Log 
0 Kudos