Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 1768 beginner needs some help

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Senso on Sat Oct 16 08:50:46 MST 2010
Good afternoon to everyone.
I have received a LPCxpresso 1768 as a  gift, download the Code Red IDE and tried to understand the examples,  but only the 1343 as a folder of examples, and not the 1768, and I cant  find much information about arm programming in the internet, can someone  point me some tutorials about it?
Or some help out to acess the GPIO ports/pins?
I have some experience with AVR programming, and C in linux/ubuntu.
As a side note, anyone as suggestions about free tools to compile and program the xpresso board?

Original Attachment has been moved to: 1100760_Copy%20of%20usbhid%20demo.zip

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Oct 17 23:05:04 MST 2010
LPCXpresso ships with a variety of examples that were available at the time that the version you have installed shipped. The ones for LPCXpresso1768 are available by clicking on the Import Example project(s) icon in the Quickstart panel, then navigating in the:

<install_dir>\Examples\NXP\LPC1000\LPC17xx

Further examples are also available from the web by clicking on the "browse the web" button.

It is far to say that LPCXpresso v3.5.0 shipped with only minimal LPCXpresso1768 examples. However many of the examples provided for the RDB1768 development board are also useable with LPCXpresso, and NXP have also made additional LPCXpresso1768 examples available on the web since this version shipped.

Regards
CodeRedSupport.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sat Oct 16 09:44:34 MST 2010
LPC1768 Datasheet describes just the hardware, download 'LPC17xx User Manual' (824 pages!!). This manual describes every damned bit :).

An easy way to start is to import LPC1768 examples and debug them. There are a lot of examples for several topics.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Senso on Sat Oct 16 09:26:03 MST 2010
Well, thats a lot more examples than the ones that Code Red as, so gonna read then.
The datasheet is so thin compared with one from a PIC or an AVR, isnt there any datasheets with example code and the like to shown how to use ADC's, USART's, even the GPIO access is pretty non direct to understand, or that is covered in the App-notes?
Thanks for the help :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sat Oct 16 09:08:56 MST 2010
1. Read 'LPCXpressoGettingStarted.pdf' in LPCXpresso_3.5 folder.

2. Download Samples, start in

http://ics.nxp.com/support/lpcxpresso/

3. Download LPC1768 manuals from NXP

http://www.nxp.com

4. Ask again :)
0 Kudos