LPC811 debug "No source available" error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC811 debug "No source available" error.

jkingeet
Contributor I

Trying to use LPCXpresso v8.1.4 to program an LPC811 via LPC-Link probe v1.3.

Results in "No source available for "0x1fff0008" error message.

Reading the UM, the 0x1fff0000 memory space is related to the bootloader mode.
Researching, I found a past forum post that suggested this sort of issue may stem from the processor being in ISP mode.
According to the UM, ISP entry pin can be either PIO0_1 or PIO0_12 (depending on the marking and bootloader version, neither or which do I know how to verify).
The specific name of the processor that I am using is LPC811M001JDH16, which, according to a different section of the UM, uses ISP entry pin PIO0_12 (physical pin 2).
I added an external pull-up resistor to VDD on this pin to avoid ISP entry.

PIO0_1 in my application is tied to an external, 24MHz clock signal.

I'm at a loss for where to look next.
Does anyone have thoughts on this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can easily find the LPC811 ISP pin information in documents available on nxp.com. Here's one:

LPC81x User manual

The ISP entry pin varies between chip revisions and physical packages. Besides the ISP entry pin being active low, if the debugger flashed the image the LPC811 failed to boot possibly due to a checksum error. Check the debug configuration first to make sure "Load image" is set true. LPCXpresso v8.1.4 is not the latest LPCXpresso installation. You'll find LPCXpresso v8.2.2 available for download on nxp.com.

If this doesn't solve your problem, post the Debug Log as a next step.

The Debug Log

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

jkingeet
Contributor I

I updated to LPCXpresso 8.2.2 and with no other changes my program compiles and debugs just fine.

Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos