cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4330FBD144, Problems booting from reset and cold

hansod
Contributor I

Hi.

I've designed a custom board using an LCP4330 and trying to some leds to turn on as a first step. All was fine downloading the image with the debugger LPC-LINK2 and the program started ok and the leds lit up. Then i wanted to try resetting the board and no leds were turning on. If i powercycle the board same thing, no leds turning on so i assume the application is not running or something else is wrong.

OTP_BOOT_SRC is not programmed and P2_9,P2_8,P1_2 is pulled down, P1_1 is pulled high so we should boot from SPIFI, P2_7 is pulled high so i should not enter ISP.

I'm using LPCXpresso v8.2.2_650 and have based my code from the existing LPC4330 examples. I have only downloaded the application with the debugger. The SPIFI chip is S25FL127SABMFI101.

I have put in a few days debugging the problem but now i need to ask for help. What can cause the LPC4330 not to boot and reset from SPIFI if all bootpins etc is correct? Do i need to program or build the application in a certain way? Is my application not correct? I modified the ResetISR so the first thing i do is setting the leds and then go into a while loop with __asm("nop"). This works when doing a debug session but not with doing reset or cold start.

I have traced the pins on the SPIFI chip with a Saleae Logic Analyzer  when doing a reset and some activity is there, but if its good i have no clue about. I'm attaching the trace, project etc so maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Regards / Hans

Original Attachment has been moved to: Project.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Trace_logic_reset.logicdata.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

hansod
Contributor I

Hi.

When testing another board we could not find these problems so i've come to the cunclusion that something was wrong with the other board.

So this thread could be closed as problem is resolved.

0 Kudos