Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1343 VCOM driver + Windows 7 64bits

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Lean966 on Tue Jun 01 14:06:49 MST 2010
Hi, I want to know if exits lpc134x-vcom.inf file for Win 7 64 bits. The file in the usbcdc folder is for 32 bits OS.
I hope that someone help me. Thank you.
0 Kudos
19 Replies

erickorozco
Contributor I

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for the newer "digitally signed" drivers that are mentioned above. Could you post a link to them since the old link sends me somewhere else. 

Thank you, 

Erick

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by liaochengyi on Wed Apr 02 02:39:17 MST 2014
Dear Tsuneo,

Thank you for the answer. The answer is so clear.
But I have no idea to implement the send ZLP function after bulk IN transfer.

Below is my function to send ZLP, using the WriteEP (0x82: bulk in endpoint), but not work.
If I used the ROM based USB device stack, which API or function can to use?

void  Send_ZLP(void)
{
VCOM_DATA_T *pVcom =  &g_vCOM;;
USBD_API->hw->WriteEP( pVcom->hUsb, 0x82, NULL, 0 );// 
}

http://docs.lpcware.com/usbromlib/v1.0/struct_u_s_b_d___h_w___a_p_i___t.html

Thank you.
Best regards,
Chengyi

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by liaochengyi on Sat Mar 29 21:42:10 MST 2014
OK. Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Tsuneo on Fri Mar 28 11:30:42 MST 2014
liaochengyi,
You'd better start new thread on your problem.

Problem on VB6 MSCOMM?
I can't recall it, but google successfully picks up my old post ;-)

Quote:
http://www.microchip.com/forums/FindPost/366979

When you use OnComm event of MSCOMM on VB6 over usbser.sys (CDC), you'll need to send an extra ZLP (Zero-Length Packet) after each transfer over the bulk IN endpoint.

Usually for CDC, ZLP after bulk IN transfer is required just when the transfer size is just the multiple of wMaxPacketSize (64 byte) of the bulk IN endpoint. ReadFile on VC++ works fine with this strategy. Also, When you just polling InBufferCount of MSCOMM instead of the event driven, this usual strategy is applied. However, for OnComm event, you need an extra ZLP, regardless of the size of the transfer. This extra ZLP speeds up the response of usbser.sys to OnComm event.

OnComm event uses IOCTL_SERIAL_WAIT_ON_MASK device request (confirm it on PortMon). It makes this difference.

Tsuneo
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Dec 19 09:46:39 MST 2013
Signed drivers are available from here:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-platform-usbd-library-drivers-windows
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rocketdawg on Thu Dec 19 09:22:54 MST 2013
For Win 8 you are going to need a "digitally signed" driver or you have to jump through hoops to get a non signed driver installed.
you can google how to do it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by saravanan g on Thu Dec 19 01:38:52 MST 2013
Hi, I want to know if exits lpc134x-vcom.inf file for Win 8. The file in the usbcdc folder is for 64bits OS.
I hope that someone help me. Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Tsuneo on Sun Jul 15 09:15:32 MST 2012

Quote:
Highlag:
I'm playing around with LPC 1343, and my computer can't load driver for this device:
NXP LPC13xx VCOM

Answered on Keil forum,
http://www.keil.com/forum/21176/

It's a minor bug of the example. The VID/PID on the device descriptor doesn't match to those of INF.
For the details, see above thread on Keil forum.

Tsuneo
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Highlag on Wed Jul 11 09:42:33 MST 2012
I'm playing around with LPC 1343, and my computer can't load driver for this device:
NXP LPC13xx VCOM

I compiled and loaded program to LPC, but drivers provided for W7 64 does not install form LPC13xx_SampleSoftware.106/USBCDC/ Win7_64 folder.

I also tried virtual XP machine using WinXP_WIN7_32 but no avail.

Can anyone help?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by researchinnovation on Thu Apr 19 21:39:41 MST 2012
Hi...!!

Why don't you try with LPCxpresso. Codes are available on the net.It can help you.

:)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by elturko on Thu Apr 19 10:27:06 MST 2012
Dear friend, this example are for Keil's MDK-ARM. I can use the driver for windows 7 64 and i can see LPC13xx USB VCom Port in the PC. But when i send data to the USBCDC example, this program don´t work very well.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cell85 on Sun Mar 04 04:18:49 MST 2012
i have an lpcxpresso 1769

and im trying to install the driver but windows 7 x64 doesnt accept the inf file.

what to do?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Terje on Fri Jan 13 06:13:35 MST 2012
If anyone else has this problem, download the example package directly from NXP:
http://ics.nxp.com/support/documents/microcontrollers/zip/code.bundle.lpc13xx.keil.zip
The USBCDC example there include drivers for Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by 2XL on Fri Jan 06 22:07:32 MST 2012

Quote: larryvc
jush,

You are posting to, and trying to use a driver from, a forum thread that is almost a year old.  The driver has been updated since then.

Why do you need to update the driver?

Can you post a link to the driver update that you mention here?  I cant seem to find it on the NXP website.  Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ashirk on Thu Apr 14 16:35:33 MST 2011
since this is only a .inf which tells windows to use standard driver, it does not matter how old the driver is and if you take some windows updates from time to time this should be enough.

date written in code red (3.6.x) included driver: 01/06/07 (updated? ;))
date written in driver posted here: 09/25/2009 (taken and modified from atmel product)

x64 driver posted here is fully working on win xp x64 (thx), you just have to delete .txt from name.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jush on Tue Apr 05 23:12:54 MST 2011
Hi,

I run AN10986 application for LPC1343, the given example works fine.But during the device enumeration for USB composite device it needs the CDC driver. In the sample given it also has an .inf file included but when I installed that driver manually it really didn't work and i found this thread, it seems same problem I've encountered. So I downloaded the attached lpc134x-vcom.inf and trying to install for device driver and it seems that the driver didn't work.
I'm running on windows 7 64 bit.
Could someone help me about an .inf file for lpc134x-vcom.inf for windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Mon Apr 04 18:05:12 MST 2011
jush,

You are posting to, and trying to use a driver from, a forum thread that is almost a year old.  The driver has been updated since then.

Why do you need to update the driver?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jush on Sun Apr 03 23:39:49 MST 2011
Hello,
I've tried this driver for windows 7 64 bit the lpc134x-vcom_64.ini  for updating the driver of VCOM/DATA but it doesn't work. It seems the windows didn't recognize this driver you've attache in this thread.Could someone help me about this?
Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Kabron on Sun Jun 06 06:52:08 MST 2010
Here's corrected inf works with Win7 x64
0 Kudos