Debug does not succeed unless I start RedlinkServ manually. (RedProbe +)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug does not succeed unless I start RedlinkServ manually. (RedProbe +)

mj7man
Contributor I

Hello Community, I'm new here, however I have been searching online for solutions and have attempted several things and nothing has worked yet.

Symptoms:

• When I launch debug LPCXpresso does not find "an emulator" (debugger). The first time or two I launched it a Windows firewall dialog came up, I have allowed it and verified that the entry is in the firewall. (it appears on the inbound side).
  • If I launch the redlinkserv.exe executable from the command line, then attempt debug from lpcxpresso, my probe is found and everything works as expected.

It appears to me that lpcxpresso is somehow failing to start the server. The issue with my workaround is that once I stop the debug it kills the redlinkserv process and I have to relaunch it each time I run debug. I don't want to have to do that.

Thanks in advance!

I'm running LPCXpresso v8.2.0 [Build 647] [2016-07-18] 

error.PNG

force it to work.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems.

Can you please try switching to a completely new workspace, create a new "Hello world" project for your target MCU using the new project wizard, then try debugging that. Can you then successfully start a debug session, or do you still need to start Redlinkserver manually?

Something else to try would be to remove any non-essential USB devices from your system. And if you are using a dock of some description, try starting a debug session when not docked.

If you are still having problems, can you please confirm the exact version of Windows that you are using (and also whether this is  an English or another local? Can you also ZIP up and post the .metadata\.log file from within your new workspace directory.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

With your Red Probe+ connected, what happens when you press the "Search for any enabled emulator" button?

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

mj7man
Contributor I

The window pops back up, empty as in the first image above. Once I run redlinkserv from the command prompt I can click search for linkserveragain and it will work.

When I click search for emulator, it behaves the same way. No options until I launch redlinkserv manually.

This is still a very big problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos