cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cmis-dap for lpclink1/ AES key ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wilmer00 on Wed Jan 20 21:05:30 MST 2016
Hi
I have a lpcexpresso 1769 with a lpc link1. They are no longer stocked at digikey and i wonder if it would be possible to create a cmis-dap compatible firmware, which can be downloaded via USB.

I and the community can't do this as we don't have the aes key...

Would it be possible for nxp to release this aes key to the public so that we can program the chip our self?

Kind Regards
Thorsten
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wilmer00 on Thu Jan 21 03:33:46 MST 2016
I know that it's end of life. And that there is a replacement. It would have been kind to release the key for such old product so that it can be used outside of the support of NXP.

Obviously there is still the hope that people would buy the new version as they are anoyed by the old versions drawback and this is why NXP won't release the key.

this is how business works it seems.

Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jan 21 02:00:26 MST 2016
I am afraid that we cannot assist you with replacement firmware for use with the LPC-Link1.

However, the original LPCXpresso1769 board has been end-of-lifed and replaced with the similar LPCXpresso1769/CD board. The LPCXpresso CD boards incorporates a CMSIS-DAP probe instead of the original LPC-Link1. For more details see:

https://www.lpcware.com/lpcxpressoboards

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos