Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LPCXpresso 7.2 run on Kubuntu?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GBTech on Wed May 21 13:06:17 MST 2014
Hello,

I downloaded the most recent LPCXpresso and installed it into the default directories with sudo. When I try to run it from the menu bar, the flash screen comes up for about 12 seconds and then goes away with no further information. I have uninstalled and reinstalled LPCXpresso at least three times.

I have carefully read section 2.2.2 (How to install on Linux) of the newest user manual and that mostly applies to 64 bit systems. Mine is a 32 bit computer. I think I am using the Kubuntu equivalent version of Ubuntu 12.04.

(Why don't I try it on Ubuntu, you may ask. I did. See the forum entry: “While trying to solve the “Connection Refused” error I crashed my Ubuntu system.”)

Is there a way to run LPCXpresso on Kubuntu, or is Kubuntu too different from Ubuntu?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GBTech on Wed May 21 18:31:46 MST 2014
Thank you very much.

I didn't know if it was something I was doing or an issue with Kubuntu.

I'll try to fix or reinstall my Ubuntu system.

Thank you again.

Addendum:
I checked out the link you listed and it encouraged me to try to run the program from a terminal.
WOO HOO! It worked.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed May 21 17:17:26 MST 2014
I and others have reported this problem:
lpcware.com/content/forum/run-menu-lpcxpresso-6

Kubuntu is Ubuntu with KDE, so the problem is how these environments handle the working directory.

Previously the LPCXpresso team had solved these problems, but reappeared after version 6.
0 Kudos