Callback when NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback when NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read.

Jump to solution
jean-christiand
Contributor III

Hello,

I successfully use a NHS3100 to let a PN7150 read in loop a dynamic NDEF tag as fast as possible without disabling the NFC field. The dynamic NDEF tag is created inside the NHS3100 from externals sensors readout that can change quickly (10ms).  I need a way to know when the NDEF tag inside the NHS3100 has been read from the PN7150 so some important states will (normally) not be lost.  The NHS3100 datasheet list that:

- interrupt 11 correspond to RFID/NFC external access.

- interrupt 13 correspond to RFID/NFS access detected.

But the ndeft2t.c file from LPCXpresso only allow NDEFT2T_MsgAvailable_Cb() callback that is useless in my application since the PN7150 always only read NDEF tag from the NHS3100.

How can I get a callback each time the NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read from the  PN7150 ?

Best Regards.
Jean-Christian

Tags (3)
1 Solution
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jean-Christian,

Can't find your new topic 472757, so answering right here.

I think you are using SDK 10.1, am I correct? Please download SDK 11 alpha, which you can find under this page: www.nxp.com/pages/:NHS3100UCODEADK

In that release, the NDEFT2T module has been adapted to also allow a callback to the application when the tag reader has read the NDEF message using NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and the diversity setting NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB.

The updated demo application app_demo_dp_tlogger makes use of this. Be sure to read the documentation, and be aware that this SDK is only an alpha release.

Best,
Dries.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jean-christiand
Contributor III

So I posted the same question into the NFC forum.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/472757

0 Kudos
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jean-Christian,

Can't find your new topic 472757, so answering right here.

I think you are using SDK 10.1, am I correct? Please download SDK 11 alpha, which you can find under this page: www.nxp.com/pages/:NHS3100UCODEADK

In that release, the NDEFT2T module has been adapted to also allow a callback to the application when the tag reader has read the NDEF message using NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and the diversity setting NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB.

The updated demo application app_demo_dp_tlogger makes use of this. Be sure to read the documentation, and be aware that this SDK is only an alpha release.

Best,
Dries.

jean-christiand
Contributor III

Hi Dries,

You are correct, I actually use the LPCXpresso v8.8.8_650 with the "release_mr2_10_1_nhs31000" archive. Many thanks for the link on the SDK 11 alpha link.

I have tested the NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and #define NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB App_MsgReadCb and it work perfectly as expected.

Thank you very much for your Insightful help :-)

Best Regards.
Jean-Christain

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry - The IDE team are not able to assist you with this question. For assistance on NHS3100 and it's example code, I suggest you post in the NFC Forum which can be found at : NFC 

Regards,

LPCXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos