Callback when NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback when NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read.

Jump to solution
Contributor III

Hello,

I successfully use a NHS3100 to let a PN7150 read in loop a dynamic NDEF tag as fast as possible without disabling the NFC field. The dynamic NDEF tag is created inside the NHS3100 from externals sensors readout that can change quickly (10ms).  I need a way to know when the NDEF tag inside the NHS3100 has been read from the PN7150 so some important states will (normally) not be lost.  The NHS3100 datasheet list that:

- interrupt 11 correspond to RFID/NFC external access.

- interrupt 13 correspond to RFID/NFS access detected.

But the ndeft2t.c file from LPCXpresso only allow NDEFT2T_MsgAvailable_Cb() callback that is useless in my application since the PN7150 always only read NDEF tag from the NHS3100.

How can I get a callback each time the NHS3100 NDEF tag has be read from the  PN7150 ?

Best Regards.
Jean-Christian

Tags (3)
1 Solution
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jean-Christian,

Can't find your new topic 472757, so answering right here.

I think you are using SDK 10.1, am I correct? Please download SDK 11 alpha, which you can find under this page: www.nxp.com/pages/:NHS3100UCODEADK

In that release, the NDEFT2T module has been adapted to also allow a callback to the application when the tag reader has read the NDEF message using NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and the diversity setting NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB.

The updated demo application app_demo_dp_tlogger makes use of this. Be sure to read the documentation, and be aware that this SDK is only an alpha release.

Best,
Dries.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Contributor III

So I posted the same question into the NFC forum.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/472757

0 Kudos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jean-Christian,

Can't find your new topic 472757, so answering right here.

I think you are using SDK 10.1, am I correct? Please download SDK 11 alpha, which you can find under this page: www.nxp.com/pages/:NHS3100UCODEADK

In that release, the NDEFT2T module has been adapted to also allow a callback to the application when the tag reader has read the NDEF message using NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and the diversity setting NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB.

The updated demo application app_demo_dp_tlogger makes use of this. Be sure to read the documentation, and be aware that this SDK is only an alpha release.

Best,
Dries.

View solution in original post

Contributor III

Hi Dries,

You are correct, I actually use the LPCXpresso v8.8.8_650 with the "release_mr2_10_1_nhs31000" archive. Many thanks for the link on the SDK 11 alpha link.

I have tested the NDEFT2T_EnableAutomaticMode() and #define NDEFT2T_MSG_READ_CB App_MsgReadCb and it work perfectly as expected.

Thank you very much for your Insightful help :-)

Best Regards.
Jean-Christain

0 Kudos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry - The IDE team are not able to assist you with this question. For assistance on NHS3100 and it's example code, I suggest you post in the NFC Forum which can be found at : NFC 

Regards,

LPCXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos