cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwIP port to LPC2478

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tamirmichael on Wed Sep 05 03:17:39 MST 2012
Hello,

I am trying to port the available lwIP port for LPC17xx devices (BTW thanks for fixing it recently!) to a LPC2478. However, my program crashes and I know it is due to the device driver. I thought the Ethernet blocks of the LPC2478 and LPC1788 were identical (is that true?). I have forgotten something, but I would really appreciate if somebody helped me out...

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tamirmichael on Thu Sep 06 02:02:10 MST 2012
Thanks for your reply.
I managed to get it to work - DHCP is working, now i'm going to compare large file upload speed with LPC1788.
The problem was a combination of stack sizes, ethernet initialization code (I used my own - replaced by your Cortex M3 port) etc. ! I also imported the memory mapped IO approach of the LPC1788 to the LPC2478 to ease the reuse of the network driver.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Sep 05 08:49:00 MST 2012
The blocks are the same IP, but clocking and usable memory for descriptors/buffers will vary per device.
I would think the 17xx driver would work on the 24xx and 32xx devices that use the same IP with some small changes which it sounds like you made.

If you are hitting an LWIP assertion, can you post it here?
If it's a crash, that's a bit harder to debug.

Does it crash when the Ethernet cable is not plugged in? Or just when you try to send or receive a packet?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tamirmichael on Wed Sep 05 03:21:09 MST 2012
I have correctly setup the peripheral pins, ISR etc.
0 Kudos