cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc17xx as host for a Sony Ericsson phone

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cphusius on Sun Nov 11 07:38:06 MST 2012
Hello community,

I'm working on a project which involves using a phone to send some info via SMS. The phone is Sony Ericsson W200.

The phone supports AT commands so what I need is to be able to send some strings via USB.

When I plug the cable in the phone and in the computer, the device attaches under Linux as /dev/ttyACMx (ACM - abstract control model) so the phone's driver uses CDC to send stuff over USB.

My board has a LPC1768 which supports host mode. Actually, I even tested some examples from lpc17xx CodeBundle (USB Host Lite and USBCDC) and both of them work perfectly.

As I never worked with USB before, my questions is: can I be a host for a device that wants to be atached as ACM?

Also, please give me some guide on how could I send messages to the device.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cphusius on Tue Nov 13 10:48:51 MST 2012
Thank you very much nxpUSBlib developers!

I can confirm that it works! I don't have the LPCXpresso board but it should also work on that one.

I just sent some bare AT commands and the phone responds like it should.

Keeb the good job guys!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Mon Nov 12 16:42:18 MST 2012
Here you go. It compiles but I have not tested it on actual hardware. Should be pretty close though.

This example is based on the v0.98 nxpUSBlib release last week which includes support for dual host controllers. To get it to compile you will need to remove the const modifier on the Config struct in USB_ClassInfo_CDC_Host_t defined in CDCClassHost.h.

If you are using an older release you will need to delete all references to the PortNumber member in that structure and adjust the API calls accordingly.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cphusius on Sun Nov 11 08:57:04 MST 2012
I saw that nxpUSBlib has under Class->Host a CDCClassHost module. I think this is what I'm looking for but in the examples area I can't find any using it.

So please give me a brief API flow from initialization to data sending/receiving.
0 Kudos