cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change usbd_rom_msc_ram mass storage location to external sdram

sibinthomas
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am working on lpc4357 controller and using usbd_rom_msc_ram example from lpcopen_3_01_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_4337. This example uses internal ram (0x20004000) to create mass storage of 12kb. I am trying to develop bootloader code for my application which requires more storage space. How do I modify this example to create mass storage on an external sdram (0x28000000). I have successfully initialized sdram using EMC and I am able to write and read from sdram. Now I tried to change the MSC_MEM_DISK_BASE to 0x28000000, but when connected to PC it is asking to "format this disk". When I try to format it is showing "windows cannot format this disk". Am I missing something or is there something else to be done ? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks.   

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sibin Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

The ROM USB API hasn't support the Format complete command in the USBD_MSC_INIT_PARAM structure yet, so it's no to way the handle this command

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos