how the CAN_MSG_OBJ mode_id split to arbitration_id_A(11-bit) and arbitration_id_B(18-bit)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how the CAN_MSG_OBJ mode_id split to arbitration_id_A(11-bit) and arbitration_id_B(18-bit)

Jump to solution
kimhorng
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using LPC11C24 to develop CAN bus system.

I'd like to know how the CAN_MSG_OBJ mode_id split to ID_A(11-bit) and ID_B(18-bit).

For example, if I wanna to send a frame its ID_A(11-bit) is 0x01 and ID_B(18-bit) is also 0x01.

msg_obj.mode_id = CAN_MSGOBJ_EXT | 0x801

msg_obj.mode_id = CAN_MSGOBJ_EXT | 0x40001

Which one is correct?

Thanks

Kim

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kim hung,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

msg_obj.mode_id = CAN_MSGOBJ_EXT | 0x801 is correct.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kim hung,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

msg_obj.mode_id = CAN_MSGOBJ_EXT | 0x801 is correct.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos