cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expanding nxpUSBLIB for LPC43xx

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dima2611 on Tue Feb 21 08:34:40 MST 2012
Hi all,

I took time to compare the descriptions of USB controllers inside LPC18xx with that in LPC43xx. I could see no differences after 20 pages, so I stopped. Since I'm in desperate need for a hi-speed USB host with even more computing power, I'm thinking to extend the current nxpUSBLIB edition adding LPC43xx support by simple copying of LPC18xx configuration stuff.

Maybe, I'm wrong and there are real differences between the two device families as far as the USB is concerned. So let me know that.

/Dima
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Fri Mar 02 11:30:01 MST 2012
I've attached an experimental CDL for the LPC43xx. It will be in the next release but we have not integrated it into our example build configurations yet due to significant changes in the design of the underlying platform that are underway. These files were taken from the LPC43xx PDL located at sw.lpcware.com. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dima2611 on Thu Mar 01 15:48:20 MST 2012
Compiling for and debugging on LPC4350 worked. Still the package has a strong LPC18xx flavor (Core M3 everywhere and consequently no FPU which I badly need). If I compile it with "FPv4-SP Soft ABI" option for floating point, I get a warning that floating point stuff gets generated for a chip without FPU. That's right. I tried to bind a dedicated driver lib for LPC43xx instead of CDL for 3 families, but it lacked "cr_startup" file and said ResetISR not found. And so on, and so on...

Which LPC43xx library should I take as a replacement for CDL in nxpUSBLIB package? I need FPU stuff badly, that;s why I got stuck with LPC43xx.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dima2611 on Wed Feb 22 03:48:55 MST 2012
I will try to achieve this in LPCXpresso 4. So, I will change the MCU settings to "LCP4350" AND the target setting from Cortex-M3 to Cortex-M4/M0.

I think it should still be "__LPC18XX__" in C/C++ Build => Settings => MCU C Compiler => Symbols.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Tue Feb 21 22:15:28 MST 2012
The USB controllers in the two families are the exact same blocks. You should be able to continue to use the LPC18xx build configurations in the LPCXpresso IDE and just change the MCU setting for the application to run your code on the LPC43xx family.

If you are using the Keil compiler you would change the device in the Device tab. FYI, you will need to increase the stack size from 0x200 to 0x800 bytes to get the host stack to work correctly with this compiler.
0 Kudos