cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deep sleep standard timer running

Jump to solution
simonwyss
Contributor III

Is it possible to let the standard timer (0/1/2) run in deep-sleep. I think in the user manual is written no:
pastedImage_1.png

For a wireless application I need to track time. If possible with a resolution of 32us. Therefore I used the timer 0 with a external 32kHz crystal as RTC clock. The RTC clock is used in sleep-mode for the timer 0. But in deep-sleep this didn't work.

Do I have to use the RTC-Timer (Alarm), to keep track of time? 
I would like to have a 32kHz Timer in low-power mode meanwhile the RTC seems to be max 1kHz (wakeup-timer). 

Is there a solution for my question?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
simonwyss
Contributor III

It seems not possible to let digital peripherie running in the power-down mode.

I solve this with the 32bit rtc timer. Keep in mind, that the RTC has 2 internal timers:
1x 16bit one-shot timer, counting down to zero, 1kHz input
1x 32bit rtc, counting up endless, 1Hz input

I set a rtc alarm, after wakeup I update my 32kHz fast internal timer with 32000*rtc_time_passed.

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon Wyss,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
If you have any further questions about it, please feel free to contact with me.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
simonwyss
Contributor III

It seems not possible to let digital peripherie running in the power-down mode.

I solve this with the 32bit rtc timer. Keep in mind, that the RTC has 2 internal timers:
1x 16bit one-shot timer, counting down to zero, 1kHz input
1x 32bit rtc, counting up endless, 1Hz input

I set a rtc alarm, after wakeup I update my 32kHz fast internal timer with 32000*rtc_time_passed.

pastedImage_1.png