Will newer LPCs appear with A5/A7 Cores?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will newer LPCs appear with A5/A7 Cores?

carlobramini
Contributor II

I'm wondering if there will be in the future a product in the LPC line with a more advanced CPU, that it could be used for implementing a complete system. At the time of writing, it seems to me that only LPC3000 family provides something like that but, although an ARM9 with its MMU can do this task and run a true, protected OS, they are not at the same level of newer ICs like M4 with an FPU. Using a CPU like an A5/A7 with their more advanced capabilities (speed, VFPv4

and SIMD), near the well tested LPC peripherals into a friendly LQFP package would be great.

The additional option to have in some models a good amount of internal RAM (SDR? DDR?) for removing the extra space required for external memory chips would be also appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carlo,

This is not planed at this moment; however, you can check our i.MX devices.

i.MX Applications Processors based on ARM Cores|NXP 

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------