cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download the latest version of USB library

Jump to solution
johan_x_nilsson
Contributor I

We're trying to implement a USB virtual serial device on the LPC1788 (embedded artists dev. kit). We're having some issues with getting USB interface 2 working. We can get it to work for USB interface 1. At the moment we are using version 0.98 of the USB lib. Is there a newer version because it seems that there's some issues with the 0.98 version of the USB lib.

So what we would like to know is:

- What's the latest version of NXP USB library?

- Where can we download the latest version of the NXP USB library?

- Do you have any official documentation for the lib? Would be useful since most functions lack proper headers (at least in version 0.98).

- Do you have a list of which controllers that has support for the built in ROM stack?

Tags (2)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johan Nilsson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What's the latest version of NXP USB library?
-- Please download the latest version of LPCOpen library.

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 
2) Do you have any official documentation for the lib?
-- Actually, there's no USB ROM API in the LPC1788, however, this USB library provides the identical APIs for calling, for the developer, it's as same as calling the USB ROM API.
Regarding to these APIs, you can refer to the Chapter 34: LPC11U6x USB ROM API in the UM10732.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
johan_x_nilsson
Contributor I

Thank you for your quick response. I just have a couple of follow up questions.

Should we use the pre-assembled usbd lib under the lpc_chip_177x_8x folder/libs? And am I correct to assume that these static libs are the same that you use in the USB ROM that's available on certain MCU's e.g. LPC11U6x?

Shouldn't this also be explained or at least mentioned in the LPC178x/7x User manual? If that would have been the case we would have saved a lot of development time on our end. We didn't know that we needed to read the manual for another MCU.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johan Nilsson,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Should we use the pre-assembled usbd lib under the lpc_chip_177x_8x folder/libs?
-- Yes.
2) And am I correct to assume that these static libs are the same that you use in the USB ROM that's available on certain MCU's e.g. LPC11U6x?
-- Yes.
3) Shouldn't this also be explained or at least mentioned in the LPC178x/7x User manual?
-- Yes, it will make the developers confuse with that, as some LPC MUC contains ROM USB API, however, some chips don't have it. I'll report this suggestion to Document team.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johan Nilsson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) What's the latest version of NXP USB library?
-- Please download the latest version of LPCOpen library.

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 
2) Do you have any official documentation for the lib?
-- Actually, there's no USB ROM API in the LPC1788, however, this USB library provides the identical APIs for calling, for the developer, it's as same as calling the USB ROM API.
Regarding to these APIs, you can refer to the Chapter 34: LPC11U6x USB ROM API in the UM10732.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos