What opens the PCB Layout file, for the OM13097 Eval Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What opens the PCB Layout file, for the OM13097 Eval Board?

Jump to solution
morechnikov
Contributor III

I've downloaded the design files for the OM13097 Eval Board (LPC845 MCU). Within these files, lies a layout .zip -- containing the .pcb file. I've tried to view this file, with: Circuitmaker 2000, KiCAD, Cadence Allegro Viewer, Altium and Easy EDA. However, none of them have managed to open the file.

What is the preferred environment for viewing this PCB layout? Are there any recommendations?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
7 Replies
morechnikov
Contributor III

Apologies for the double post,

We may not have the full environment required to open the design files. Is it possible to send a pdf, or even an image, of both sides of the OM13097 PCB? Just to see the tracks beneath the LPC?

Much appreciated,

Mike

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @morechnikov 

Yes, the schematic of PDF you can find under folder "LPCXpresso845MAX-Board",

I also attach it  for you.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
morechnikov
Contributor III

Hello Alice,

I apologize for the confusion. I can open the schematic, but I cannot open the ".pcb" file. Which, I think, contains the physical layout for the eval board. If it does not, and is simply a drawing of the schematic: let me know.

I'll definitely give the schematic another look. However, if you can send me a pdf of the ".pcb" file (both sides of the eval board), or recommend a program to open it -- that would be most appreciated. 

Thank you for your time,

Mike

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @morechnikov 

How about use PADS:

https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/pcb/pads/ 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
morechnikov
Contributor III

I tried using PADS (version screenshot, attached), but it faulted when attempting to open the ".pcb" file (error screenshot, attached).

Is it possible "LPC845_Rev2_170328.pcb" is corrupted? Can you open it, on your end?

I can work with simple pictures of each of the board's layers, too.

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: My colleague got a different version of PADS and we opened the .pcb just fine. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @morechnikov 

Cadence can not open  it? 

Do you open the file of "SCH-LPCX84X_MAX_REV-2.dsn"? 

BR

Alice

morechnikov
Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply,

When I try to open the "SCH-LPCX84X_MAX_REV-2.dsn" file, I get an error ("database is corrupted", see attached). I am using Allegro Free Physical Viewer 16.6.

My colleague managed to open that .dsn file with Altium Circuit Maker, but not the .pcb file.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos