What is the memory size of NFC in LPC8N04?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the memory size of NFC in LPC8N04?

mrunal_ahirrao
Contributor II

I am using LPC8N04. And for testing I am using NXP Tag writer application. For a test I used same app on different phones. Firstly I used Sony Xperia and then I used Moto 5. Weird thing is, both phones show different memory size of the LPC8N04 NFC. Data sheet says it has 512 bytes but app running in SONY displays "524 bytes" and App running in Moto displays 54 bytes! So which is correct?  

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The LPC8N04 contains a total of 8 kB on-chip static RAM memory configured as 256 x 2 x 4 x 32 bit. The SRAM supports byte-level access (BWE=8). Contains a 32 kB Flash memory of which 30 kB can be used as program and data memory. The flash is organized in 32 sectors of 1 kB. Each sector consists of 16 rows of 16 x 32-bit words. Also the flash is organized in 32 sectors of 1 kB. Each sector consists of 16 rows of 16 x 32-bit words.

The only AHB peripheral device on the LPC8N04 is the GPIO module. The APB peripheral area is 512 kB in size. Each peripheral is allocated 16 kB of space. All peripheral register addresses are 32-bit word aligned. Byte and half-word addressing is not possible. All reading and writing are done per full word.

Figure shows the memory and peripheral address space of the LPC8N04. 

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mrunal_ahirrao
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I am confused about the Buffer memory of NFC part in LPC8N04. In User manual at Page 58 it is given that this is from 0x40058100 to 0x400582FC which is 508 Bytes only. But as said in question, the NXP Tag Writer shows different sizes on different smart phones! So which is correct?

0 Kudos