USB cdc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB cdc

EmilL
Contributor I

I need help using mcuxpresso to generate usb virtual com for lpc55s28. Example code works, but going through peripheral tab for new project creates lot of errors. Any solution that allows to use usb port as virtual com with least complexity would be nice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

How to reproduce your error? What function are you going to utilize?

Here under SDK, there are plenty of USB CDC demos. FYI.

ZhangJennie_0-1683041764450.png

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

EmilL
Contributor I

Demo projects work just fine. I want to learn to add these features into a new project and be able to use config tabs in mcuxpresso.

I'm wondering if there is guide to add peripheral using the mcuxpressos config tab for peripheral. I have tried to click usb vcom preset settings from there and autosolved the clockpath error, but I get lot of warnings and errors

Only training I found about usb is here

https://www.nxp.com/pages/basic-application-development-using-mcuxpresso-ide-and-mcuxpresso-config-t...

and it made it look too easy.

EmilL_0-1683138249347.png

EmilL_1-1683138263987.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

There is  a step by step guide of how to use ConfigTool to create USB Project From Start

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Using-ConfigTool-to-create-USB-Project-F...

Besides we don't have other demos.

I suggest you using usb demo as a start demo, adding your own code/application to it.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

EmilL
Contributor I

Thank you! I got usb vcom working with that

Next problem. Debug PRINTF spits out random characters. Somehow usb clock settings broke uart?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's possiable. But..., please create a new thread for the new question, We willl support you. let's keep one thread one topic.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos