USB MSC bootloader firmware larger than expected

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB MSC bootloader firmware larger than expected

cybergibbons
Contributor I

I am working with a LPC54608 which can accept firmware updates using MSC mode.

It shows up as a storage device called CRP DISABLD and a file called firmware.bin is present. 

This file is 516KB in size, not 512KB. 0x0-0x7FFFF is the flash, but then there is a region from 0x80000-0x81000 is a region containing all zeroes.

Any idea what this is?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andrew,

Please don't care about this point, that size is the virtual size.

If you try to use the USB MSC download the code, you will find, even you copy a 10K .bin file to this MSC disc, after reset the chip, the code function works, then you enter in the USB MSC again, you will find the firmware.bin back size 516KB, that's why I say this is the virtual size.

Customer don't need to care about this point, customer just need to make sure, the app code size is in the LPC flash range, each time you copy your own app.bin to this CRP DISABLD device, please modify the app name to firmware.bin.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------