cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Segment interface with LPC1769

Jump to solution
vishakhadakhane
Contributor III

Hello I am working on MCUxpresso IDE and want to interface 7-segment display with LPC1769. I am using 3-digit seven segment and my goal is to display 3 digits. I did some code using the APIs which are present in LPCopen's e.g. After flashing the code to target, 7. 7. 7. gets displayed after some delay and if I change the data e.g. if I pass other numbers like 0,1,2 ..... the same gets displayed(7.7.7.). Do we need to clear the data? And how to clear that? I tried to find the API in the example and I found Chip_GPIO_SetPortOutLow to make the whole port low. I am not getting where the fault is. Is there any sample seven segment example for MCUxpresso? I am attaching the code kindly help me. Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishakha Dakhane,

Thanks for your reply.
For a 7-segment displayer, it usually has a common anode that would either connects to GND or Vcc.
So it's able to print the numbers on all the three digits simultaneously when these three common anodes are controlled by one signal like a pin's value.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishakha Dakhane,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Unfortunately, there's no similar demo in the LPCOpen library as you requested. Having a brief review of your code, I'd like to suggest you validate whether the status of GPIOs change as expect via multimeter firstly.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

vishakhadakhane
Contributor III

Hello @jeremyzhou I am able to print 0 to 9 on a single digit but now I would like to print the numbers on all the three digits simultaneously . Can you please tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishakha Dakhane,

Thanks for your reply.
For a 7-segment displayer, it usually has a common anode that would either connects to GND or Vcc.
So it's able to print the numbers on all the three digits simultaneously when these three common anodes are controlled by one signal like a pin's value.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: