Renamed bin file for LPC51U68 not working in ISP mode.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renamed bin file for LPC51U68 not working in ISP mode.

nakanishi_riku
Contributor I

Hi.

My customer is working on development in a OM40005UL board. While he tries to swhch a program in usb connected ISP mode, his bin file doesn't work.  He wants to rename a file because of easy management.

Is it originally such spec?   Is there any way to change bin file name?

The stuation is below.

・The bin file not working is renamed like 「test.bin」or something like that.

・When the file name contains a word "firmware" such as 「firmware_test.bin」,it sometimes work on Window 10 but not Window7.

・When the file name doesn't contain a word "firmware" such as 「test.bin」, it doesn't work at all either on Window 10 and Window7.

I am neither an enngoineer nor a proggrammer and not even an English speaker.

Sorry for any confusion and misstakes.

Any help or suggestion with respect to this issue would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

karimboallal
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same "problem", it is very strange because some of my colleagues using a LPC11U24 can re-program with a .bin file name different from "firmware".

Is this unique case of the LPC11U24?

Karim.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The LPC-Link MCU on LPCXpresso LPC11U24 board is LPC3154, While LPCXpresso51U68 board Link MCU is LPC4322. the debugger firmware on these two board are different.

Now I don't have a LPC11u24 demo board to test. But for LPCXpresso51U68 board and other board equipped with LPC4322 Link MCU, the firmware image must be named as "firmware.bin"

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Riku,

Please use the default name "firmware.bin".

From my experience, ROM code can't well recognize it if using other names.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos