cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN908x wrong set up

Jump to solution
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Hello, I think I messed up on the process of updating firmware, as the board and the ble dongle does not seem to be connected in the Connectivity tool. I am currently working on running the blood sensor example and it is not working. Is it possible to restart the download process and updating firmware? Or will I have to order a new one?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I noticed something from your screenshots, why are you loading a Hello World to the dongle ?

The QN9080 USB dongle works together with the Connectivity QTool and behaves either as a master or as a slave when talking to the QN908x DK or other devices. The USB dongle receives commands from Connectivity QTool via a virtual COM port, which initializes the QN9080 dongle either as a master or slave device. All tests can be performed by Connectivity QTool after the initialization. For this you will need to load an specific firmware.

If you are looking to develop I would recommend you to use the DK board for this as the board already includes the different requirements in terms of HW and SW to start using it.

Regards,
Estephania

View solution in original post

13 Replies
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please help me try the instructions in this post in order to try to recover your board?

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Wireless-Connectivity-Knowledge/QN9080-USB-Dongle/ta-p/1103121

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Here is an example of where my IDE or my set up is going wrong. Here is the hello world example.

When I build, the start up thing has a warning of clobber list is being deprecated. Then, when i go to debug, the menu shows up with no probes found. Then the debug program keeps running and will not set a breakpoint.deprecated.pngno probes found.pngdebug.png

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I believe that you are using semihosting in your examples, if that is the case, you will need to change it to use the UART instead of the semihosting; due to time restrictions the wireless connectivity examples need to use the UART interface instead of semihosting to be compliant with the wireless protocols timings .

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Ah i see. As a follow up question, do i need to redirect the printf to uart as well? Thank you so much for your help.uart question.png

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You will need to select the project and modify in the quick setting the following

estephania_mart_0-1614369644687.png

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Thank you, but it still would not debug properly. Perhaps there is a bigger issue to this.Screenshot 2021-02-26 151819.png

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I noticed something from your screenshots, why are you loading a Hello World to the dongle ?

The QN9080 USB dongle works together with the Connectivity QTool and behaves either as a master or as a slave when talking to the QN908x DK or other devices. The USB dongle receives commands from Connectivity QTool via a virtual COM port, which initializes the QN9080 dongle either as a master or slave device. All tests can be performed by Connectivity QTool after the initialization. For this you will need to load an specific firmware.

If you are looking to develop I would recommend you to use the DK board for this as the board already includes the different requirements in terms of HW and SW to start using it.

Regards,
Estephania

andrew_ha
Contributor III

Yes thank you. For the ble dongle problem, I will address that issue with connectivity tool. The main issue was running the program and the debugger not working properly, so i tried to use a simpler example of hello world and realized i was now having trouble with hello world.

I posted a separate question for hello world, and once that problem is fixed, i will work on the ble dongle issue.

Thank you for all your help estephania.

-Andrew

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Before I try solving the dongle issue, could you maybe look at my IDE issue. When I try to debug, it has trouble finding my board I think. This pops up when i press debug.

Hello world does not use the dongle so i want to show you this first.

problem2.png

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

This window is normally shown if your application has taken an invalid jump 'into the weeds'. Look at the register window and the PC to find the address. Maybe you have not setup the vector table correctly?

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

Here is the register window. I think it may be more helpful if i maybe even go a step back and show what happens when I build, and what happens when I take a step back. I am not sure what vector table means, but let me make another post about all the steps i took

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V
Spoiler

Showing the register window without actually showing the value of the registers does not help anybody. 

i strongly suggest you find out about the vector table in Cortex-m4. You are going to really struggle if you don’t understand the basics. Here is a starting point.

https://microcontrollerslab.com/what-is-interrupt-vector-table/

0 Kudos
andrew_ha
Contributor III

My apologies. If you could link any more papers for basic microcontroller information, this will be very helpful as well. Thank you for your time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos