cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to NGX Xplorer 1830 Board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sarrasmith on Tue Feb 02 17:14:29 MST 2016
Hello,

I purchased this board (http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/product_info.php?products_id=105) about a month ago with an LPC-Link2 debugger board. It all worked perfectly out of the box. Shortly after I changed to a different eval board, but am now switching the project back to this one. Now, however, I can't seem to run anything on the NGX board.

The LPC-Link2 lights up when connected to the computer, and the other board's power LED also lights up when that board is powered from a wall wart (just to avoid any potential com port confusion).

I am using LPCXpresso v7.9.2 and this project was made in the same version.

In LPCXpresso, when I do Debug As > NXP MCU Application (with all the debug configurations deleted), it asks me to choose which CMSIS-DAP emulator to use. It sees the LPC-Link2 and lets me continue. Once the project builds (with no errors), I get two popup windows saying:

Quote:
Error reported by target

Target reported errors

Reason:
02: Failed on connect

02: Failed on connect
Could not connect to core.
31: No connection to emulator device

and

Quote:
Problem Occurred

'Launching lpc1837_test1.axf' has encountered a problem.

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=52199 -g -mi -2 -pLPC1837 -vendor=NXP -ResetScript=LPC18LPC43InternalFLASHBootResetscript.scp -reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=LPC18x7_43x7_2x512_BootA.cfx
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

I've been looking through the forums and tried everything that seemed reasonably related. I could not find any helpful information on the pages that the "Help on this error..." button takes me to (https://www.google.com/search?q=02:%20Failed%20on%20connect&sitesearch=http://www.lpcware.com/conten...)

Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Feb 04 07:07:06 MST 2016
So the most likely explanation is that you have managed to program your board with an application which is putting it into a "bad state".

Normally to recover from this, we would recommend using an ISP boot:

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access

However as far as I can tell NGX did not provide access to the required pin in this board design (though you might want to check the schematic or ask them).

It's a bit of a long shot, but you could trying to powering down the board (and LPC-Link2), then powering back up before making another debug connection. And hit the reset button a couple of times before connecting too (I seem to recall these boards sometimes don't come out of a power on reset properly).

If you can't get things working, then you might want to take a look at the LPCXpresso1837 board instead.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sarrasmith on Wed Feb 03 11:07:19 MST 2016
It's an LPC1837JET100 on the board. I think part of the confusion there is just NGX's naming convention.

This project was successfully run on this exact same board around a month ago, and I don't recall changing any debug configuration settings.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Feb 03 01:08:02 MST 2016
In the first place, check your board to see if it is fitted with an LPC1830 or an LPC1837. From the logs you have supplied, your project is configured for LPC1837.

The LPC1830 has no internal flash, and if this is what is fitted to your board, then you will want to ensure your project is configured to use external SPIFI flash. See the LPCXpresso User Guide for more details.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos