PNEV5180B with analog data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV5180B with analog data

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Hello , how can I get the analog data (which is just modulation and haven't demodulation yet) from the PNEV5180BM board ?  
If anyone could answer me I'll be very appreciate to you !!

0 Kudos
15 Replies

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li ,

I really appreciate for your reply .

I wonder how to use the command like CONFIGURE_TESTBUS_ANALOG?
Here's the following picture :
command.png
I just know I can use nfc-cockpit to set the EEProm data . 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

To use this command , you have to make sure the test bus has been enabled in the EEPROM settings (EEPROM address: 0x17,TESTBUS_ENABLE) before any signal will appear on the output pins. then you may send the command frame as described in table 49 of the data sheet, to configure the signals on AUX1/2. 

Please note "that waiting until BUSY is high" is required by the host as described in chapter 11.4.1.

Of course with Cockpit you may easily send this command to the device.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li  really thanks for your rely !

Sorry I still can't catch the nfc analog signal :

Here's the following step I do :
1. First use nfc-cockpit to load the protocol and enable the rf 
2. Check the layer 14443-3a can catch my card's data 
3. Set the eeprom 0x17 to 0x80
4. And use oscilloscope to view the signal ,but I just see the rf field 's amplitude become lower than before connect to oscilloscope

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

Actually there is no need to write EEPROM@0x17 manually, the Cockpit tool can do it as shown below:

test signals.png

With step 1, testbus is enabled, and you may select analog signals routed to AUX1/2 pins, after step 3, the signals can be probed on AUX1/2 pins. You may refer to https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN11740.pdf for more details on the test cases with these signals.

test signals 1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li thanks for your reply !
I have some questions want to ask .

1. The unfilter Q channel and I channel which means just select "Receiver I/Q-channel ; depending on SIGPRO_IN_SEL either samples signals from ADC,tx_envelope or SigIn" ? 

2. But as it mention , it depending on the SIGPRO_IN_SEL so it's default might be which one "tx_envelope" or "SigIn" ?

3. I can't find any method to change the SIGPRO_IN_SEL .

4. Does Filtered-I/Q-channel signal means that the raw data(I/Q sample) from nfc signal ? 

5. What does it means that the result of correlation of BPSK ?

6. Continue from question 4 , if not . Can I get the raw data(I/Q sample) by the PNEV5180 broad ?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @charlie3222112 ,

These definitions are for CLRC663 , for PN5180, please kindly refer to AN11740. https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN11740.pdf . Or you may directly refer to the following:

test signals 5180.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li 

Thanks for your reply !

I have already read the document . But it didin't mention what data contain in unfilter and filter .

I wonder whether could I use that method to receive the nfc I/Q sample (from the card) ?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

The analog filtered/unfiltered signals are all from the signals after BBA. Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pn5180 debug signal source.png

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

charlie3222112
Contributor II

@Kan_Li Thanks for your reply !
1 .Can I know the software of this picture ? (below the question)
2 .Can it receive any type of nfc analog signal? Or just type B?
3. Step 2 that you mention on the picture just select AUX1 to receive Q channel ,how about AUX2's setting will that be I channel ? or just keep it blank?
截圖 2020-10-06 下午9.49.22.png

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @charlie3222112 ,

1 .Can I know the software of this picture ? (below the question)

- The software is just what runs on a oscilloscope.
2 .Can it receive any type of nfc analog signal? Or just type B?

- Of course you can receive any type of nfc analog signal.
3. Step 2 that you mention on the picture just select AUX1 to receive Q channel ,how about AUX2's setting will that be I channel ? or just keep it blank?

- Actually it depends, for example, in Fig 45 of AN11740, both AUX1 and AUX2 are used for debug purpose, one for unfiltered Q-Channel, and the other for BPSK_SUM.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

There is debug interface available on PN5180, please refer to the following for details.

PN5180 debug interface.png

and you may refer to "11.6 Debug Signals" in the data sheet for more details.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply !
After reading the document ,I have some questions want to ask :
So I just can view the analog data(which I mention above) via oscilloscope ? 
Can I get the analog data via NFC cockpit or any software like cetecom checker? 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

Yes, normally we use oscilloscope to check these signals, and Cockpit can be used to configure which signal route to these pins.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

charlie3222112
Contributor II

Thanks to your reply !
Hi @Kan_Li ,

After viewing the document it shows that I need to enable the TESTBUS_ENABLE by configure some register value . Here are some questions I want to ask .

The first question is :
 I wonder the meaning "Therefore it is recommended to first set NSS tolow, wait until BUSY goes high and then send the data." in the document which is at 11.5.2 the EEPROM field . By the way, I could't find the NSS pin on my PNEV5180bm board.

Here is the picture from the document .
testbus.png

The second question is :
If I can receive that debug signal , will that be the Mifare's card (or any other nfc cards)signal or the signal which generate by the pnev5180 borad ? 

The third is :
Can I get the analog signal range? Or it has some standard definations in any NXP's document?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charlie3222112 ,

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

1. NSS is one of the SPI signals, and you may find it on the board of PNEV5180B as below:

SPI interface on PNEV5180B.png

2. The debug analog signal can be configured to be signals from the receiver, so it can be the signals from NFC cards.we usually use these signals for receiving optimization, you may refer to section 4.5 in https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN11740.pdf for more details.

3. Actually there is no such kind of info available, the signal range depends on your board design indeed.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos