cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13092 - lpcxpresso54608_host_msd_fatfs_bm does not work in Full speed mode

sandeepvl
Contributor III

Hi 

I have an OM13092 LPCXpresso board with LPC54608. I tried to run the example program lpcxpresso54608_host_msd_fatfs_bm. This is configured for full speed port. I changed the jumper settings to enable Full Speed (FS) mode. a) Installed JP10 b) Set JP9 2-3 pins (FS) c) confirmed that the jumpers JP11, JP12, and JP13 are set to 2-3.Ensured that power is supplied through J1.

An USB stick was connected to the J3 (FS) port. It was not even getting detected. I don't get any event in USB_HostOhciTaskFunction(). I expected that when USB stick is connected, an USB_HOST_OHCI_EVENT_ATTACH event will happen. But no. Nothing comes.

As a part of debugging the code, accidentally I put a printf in the USB_HostOhciTaskFunction() after the USB_HostOhciPortChange() in ubs_host_ohci.c.

</code>

if (bitSet & USB_HOST_OHCI_EVENT_PORT_CHANGE)
{
USB_HostOhciPortChange(usbHostState);.

printf("Port changed...\n");

</code>

This changed the behaviour. Now USB stick was detected and it did other tests like creating the file system, directory creation etc. Then I replaced the printf with a delay. The behavior is consistent and it works every time with the delay. If the delay is removed, it will never detect the stick again.

Did anyone face this issue before? Any thoughts will be helpful

Thanks

Sandeep

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Please check the following thread and let me know if this helps, 

Can't run lpcxpresso54608_usb_examples_usb_host_msd_fatfs_freertos demo on OM13092 

Have a nice day!

Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sandeepvl
Contributor III

Thanks Soledad.

I have already gone through that discussion thread before posting here. I have ensured that the jumper settings are proper and the board is powered correctly. The point is that the example is working only if I add a delay in USB_HostOhciTaskFunction(). Since it is working, the jumper settings are correct. Otherwise it should not have worked at all.

One more observation is that the same example program works perfectly in High speed mode without any delay. I did the modifications in the usb_host_config.h. Changed the value of USB_HOST_CONFIG_OHCI to 0 and USB_HOST_CONFIG_IP3516HS to 1. Changed the Jumper settings a) Opened JP10 b) set JP9 1-2. Connected USB stick to J2.

So I am sure that the OM13092 board and the USB stick are working good. It could not be a hardware issue. It could be something related to timing or so. Is there any known issues for LPC54608 controller?

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

Sandeep: Could you hook up an  USB com analyser to see how far the enumeration goes (if any) ? This may help pinpoint the root cause of the problem. I downloaded SDK 2.5.0's host_msd_fatfs_bm example and I could not reproduce the issue on my OM13092 dev board.

0 Kudos

sandeepvl
Contributor III

Bob: I don't have an USB analyzer here to do the analysis. That would have given us a better picture of what is happening. But it seems that the issue surfaces only with newer USB sticks. If I use older USB sticks, then we dont get this issue.

0 Kudos

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

Are these newer sticks you tried USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ? A quick way to tell is if the inside of the USB connector is blue (USB 3.0) vs black (USB 2.0). I tried a USB 3.0 stick and it works just fine. What are the USB stick brands an reference number that fail to enumerate?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issue, could you please help me to change the USB stick (brand and capacity) and test again?

Please let me know the results of the tests. 

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

sandeepvl
Contributor III

Thank you Soledad. Tried with some older USB 2.0 sticks and it works fine. But with newer sticks, it does have the problem. Any idea about what it could be?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are a lot of USB sticks manufacturers and several of them don’t meet the specification (timing, endpoint handling, supported commands, access speed, etc).

Unfortunately, we don't include a workaround for all those variations,

Regards 

Sol

0 Kudos