Not able to flash LPC54018 iot board from keil IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to flash LPC54018 iot board from keil IDE

rohitlalitbhai_
Contributor I

I am using LPC54018 iot board and j-link debugger to flash it. I downloaded SDK for keil and rying to flash one of the demo projects but not able to flash.tmp1.png

I am able to detect j-link debugger and the target device.

tmp2.png

Package for the target is also added.

tmp3.png

Please let me know what I have missed.

Regards,

Rohit

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The xip (execute in place) applications are downloaded and executed from external flash.

The non-xip applications are executed directly from RAM. In Keil, you don’t actually download the application to the flash. You can build the application and directly execute it from the IDE using the “Start/Stop Debug Session” button.

Refer to: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2831.htm:

Note: you cannot use the command Flash — Download for RAM areas in your application. The RAM content will be downloaded when you start the debugger.

Note: If you run a non-xip application on MCUXpresso IDE, the application is stored in external flash but it's executed from RAM. This is configured in the project's options.

0 Kudos

rohitlalitbhai_
Contributor I

Thanks Juan. It was very helpful.

Is it possible to store application in external flash and execute from RAM using Keil IDE? I want to do the same thing like MCUXpresso from Keil.

0 Kudos

rohitlalitbhai_
Contributor I

Yes. After setting up this external flash I am able to flash the example project from SDK which are *_xip. The projects which are not xip are not able to flash. Still, the same error "No algorithm found ..." is there for non-xip projects.

What is the difference between these xip and non-xip projects?

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As the error message says:  "No algorithm found ..."

The LPC54018 works with an external flash and you need to select a programming algorithm for it.

Please do this in the Flash Download tab of the Settings window. It must be an algorithm which fits to the used QSPI flash on this board.

Regards,

Bernhard.