cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac vs Windows .cproject - Can't compile the project anymore

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by epilonsonia on Wed Oct 08 14:45:12 MST 2014
Hey everyone,

So I have a simple problem. My team is coding on lpc1769 and we keep all project file on a git repository. I forgot to put the .cproject in git ignore and now I have a problem.

Some of the team members are developing on Mac and one of them committed the .cproject file on the repository. Now, every Windows users that pulled that version can't compile the project.

Even though I simply have to revert the project version, I was wondering if there was any way of fixing that. I'm not experimented in XML though I understand the concept. If there are any information on the topic, please let me know!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Oct 09 02:29:03 MST 2014
The .cproject is a required and essential component of the project and should always be checked in. The .project and .cproject files are completely portable across hosts. All of the example projects we supply work identically on all hosts.

Of course, it is possible to break portability of the project by, for example, adding absolute path names to the project settings - maybe this is what your Mac users have done?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Oct 08 15:04:59 MST 2014
The.cproject file is required. If you look at all the examples provided in lpcxpresso, they all ship a . cproject file. It is portable across all platforms.

So if you have a problem, explain what it is and don't assume something that is not true.
0 Kudos