cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU-Link is not found by Device Manager on Windows 10

Jump to solution
Kratz
Contributor IV

When using windows 10, the device manager does not show the MCU-Link as connected, it does not show "ports", and it makes no difference whether J3 is jumped or not. The driver files were installed.     MCUXpresso  cannot find MCU-Link either. MCUXpresso finds the P&E just fine.  I will try to restart my computer next and try again. 

What should I do to get Windows 10 to find the USB connection to the MCU-Link?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kratz
Contributor IV

A programming cable solved the problem. The charging cable was the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I use win10, I can use MCU-Link on it without issue.

Please make sure you download the driver information files and utility  MCU-LINK CMSIS package to update the firmware. Note that MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.1 or later will automatically install the driver information files.

Please strictly follow the steps as this video shows.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-mcu-link:GS-MCU-LINK

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
Kratz
Contributor IV

Thank you Jun for responding. MCUXpresso version 11.3.0.5222 is being used. I have followed the video.  It seems the problem is that my computer is not picking up the board. Both drivers installed correctly. A re-start of the computer was performed.  When J3 is jumped the red LED lights up like the  video, but the script does not behave the same as the video.  Also the MCU-Link does not show up as a USB device.  I plan to try a different USB cable thinking perhaps this cable is only good for charging not data. Is that possible? Is there any other driver my computer needs to find the USB-Multilink?

0 Kudos
Kratz
Contributor IV

A programming cable solved the problem. The charging cable was the issue.

0 Kudos
Kratz
Contributor IV

For some reason my computer would not run the script.  Running the script on another computer allowed the program to be updated. My original computer now shows the debugger connected.

0 Kudos