cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCxpresso CD 1769 and LPC-LINK2

daisukefukuda_n
Contributor III

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is Daisuke FUKUDA with NEXTY Electronics Japan. Thank you for your support.

I'm planning to develop a certain demo board with LPC1769. The concept is that LPC-LINK2 can be used for debug.

In order to check how LPC1769 works, I bought LPCxpresso CD 1769 OM13085 and try to connect to LPC-LINK2. However MCUxpresso said "Could not connect to target". Below is my procedure. If I have something to make correct, could you advise me?

1. LPC-LINK2' JP1 and JP2 is closed after J-LINK firmware was written.

2. Connect between LPC-LINK2 JP7 and LPCxpresso CD 1769 J1

3. LPCxpresso CD 1769's JP3 is open

4. Press blue beetle button after open periph_blinky in LPCOpen.

5. Said "Could not connect to target"

Please also refer to an attache file.

Besides that, after I connect LPCxpresso CD 1769' USB to PC, I pressed blue beetle. MCUxpresso could not find any debuggers.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

FUKUDA

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

daisukefukuda_n
Contributor III

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thank you for your support.

I'm trying now. Please keep this issue.

Once I proceed, please let you know.

Regards,

FUKUDA

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daisuke Fukuda,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Please assure the JP3 is closed if you want to use the external debugger tool.
I've connected the LPC-Link2 to the LPC1769 board like the Fig1 shows, and according to the Fig2, we can see the LPC-link2 detect the LPC1769's core which means the debugger connect is correct.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Fig 1

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

daisukefukuda_n
Contributor III

Hi jeremyzhou,

This is Daisuke FUKUDA with NEXTY Electronics Japan. Thank you for your prompt reply and sorry for being late.

The problem still isn't resolved. I found J-link commander could identify cotex-M3. However MCUxpresso wasn't able to work correctly. For detail, please find an attached file.

Do I have anything to make correct?

Best regards,

FUKUDA

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daisuke Fukuda,

Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, I can enter the debug mode when I use the MCUXpresso (v10.3.1) to debug periph_blinky demo which is from the LPCOpen library on the OM13085, maybe you can give a try.

LPCOpen library: https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-librari...

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos