cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso845MAX board unusable in MCUXpresso

Frotz
Contributor III

Hi,

Could someone help me please with my board. When I attach it to my Mac I get the CRP DISABLD flash drive and MCUXpresso can't find the LinkServer. My other boards (LPC845-BRK and FRDM-KE15Z) work fine. I'm not holding the reset button down when I plug it in.

I seem to remember this happening a year ago, but forgot how to address it. 

Please help!

Thank you very much,

Andre.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre Lipinski,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Please refer to the attachment to set up the hardware for debugging.
Note: Removing the jumper on JP1.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Frotz
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for responding so quickly. 

There is no jumper on the board anywhere. It always mounts a drive called "CRP DISABLD" as shown in the attached picture (not the CRP_DISABLED drive the pdf suggests). MCUXpresso can't find the Link Server as shown in the attached screen shot.

I followed the directions in section 3.1 of the pdf you attached. There's no firmware at the link indicated in the pdf, so I used one I downloaded over a year ago. The procedure was unhelpful. Still the board mounts the "CRP DISABLD" drive, and the DAP cannot be found by MCUXpresso. This occurs whether the jumper is on JP3 or not. I tested the connection with an ohmmeter and found the connection open when the jumper is not present on JP3.

Best,

Andre.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.41.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.40.51 PM.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre Lipinski,

Thanks for your reply.
I'd attached the updated firmware, please give a try.
In further, whether you did the same testing on other PCs whose OS is not Mac OS, and can you replicate this issue on them?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Frotz
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

That is in fact the exact same firmware I was working with in all my attempts.

I've only ever used this board on macOS. I've had problems in the past, but was always able to recover from them. All my other NXP boards presently work fine with the same Mac.

I hope you can still help!

Thanks,

Andre.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andre Lipinski,

Sorry for reply late.
Whether you have other LPCXpresso845MAX boards and does this issue happen on these boards?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Frotz
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

I only have the one LPCXpresso845MAX board. I wonder if the LPC11U35 is the problem?

Best,

Andre.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hi Andre Lipinski,

Thanks for your reply.
1) I wonder if the LPC11U35 is the problem?
To verify the assumption, you can try to use an external SWD debugger such as LPC-Link 2 and J-Link, etc,  connects to P4 to debug the LPC845.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Frotz
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Verifying the assumption is a fine next step. But I don't have an external debugger. I'd love an LPC-Link 2.

Thanks,

Andre.

0 Kudos