cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso54628 not found by IDE

agenell
Contributor I

Hi!

I have an OM13098/LPCXpresso54628 board.
I downloaded and installed the MCUXpresso IDE and the corresponding SDK (I'm on Windows 10, but have also tried this on Linux with the same reslut), but when installation is done and I try out any of the example projects (by running 'debug') I get the error message 

Connect to target LPC54628J512

No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target.

There doesn't seem to be any serial usb-device showing up anywhere.

Is there any hard reset or something else I could try?

Regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It's a good idea to check the jumpers settings as Converse mentioned.

Additionally, from the error message you are seeing it would appear as if the debug firmware was either erased or corrupted. You can flash this firmware easily using the LPCScrypt tool (available in the link below).

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpc-microcontroller-utilities/lpcscr...

Once installed in your host computer, please follow these steps:

Force DFU boot on your board. This can be achieved by placing a jumper in JP5.

Connect the USB Debug port to the computer.

Open a terminal and run:
<LPCScrypt Install Dir>\scripts\program_JLINK
Or
<LPCScrypt Install Dir>\scripts\program_CMSIS
Depending on whether you wish to use JLINK or CMSIS. (Both work with MCUXpresso SDK)

(C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_2.0.0_831\ is the default installation path of the latest version of LPCScrypt for Windows 10)

The LPCScrypt tool will then connect to the board and program the firmware. Once it’s done quit the tool using CTRL+C.

You may then disconnect the board, take out the JP5 jumper (optionally), and try debugging again.

I hope that this information helps.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Did you connect to J8 and check the jumpers? Read UM11035 section 3.2.1 for information